Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Just a matter of time

When I started blogging a few months ago, I really wasn't sure where I was going to take it or what I wanted to achieve. I never really considered the possibility that I would want to take my blogging to a level other than blogspot. Well, guess what... Last week I decided that I was tired of the blogspot-supplied template I'm using and tried to modify the template with graphics of my own selection. What a mess that was. Blogger is very rigid about the sizing of images uploaded; I couldn't specify the exact pixel dimensions of the images I wanted to use and I was frustrated to no end.

I tried to upload the images to flickr. Nope, didn't work.

I tried getting some free webhosting space. Nope, didn't work.

I started checking out other blogs to see how they are modifying the templates they are using which led me to Wordpress. Which led me to a webhost. Which now has me trying desperately to remember the html that I taught myself a long time ago as well as the image creating and manipulating techniques that have lain fallow in my brain for years. Compulsive overachieving can be so much fun! (hear the sarcasm)

So if it is a little quiet around here for several more days, please be patient with me. I am working on designing my new blog home when I'm not knitting like a maniac on Balmoral.

Speaking of Balmoral, I made great progress over the weekend. I devoted most of Saturday to Gram's birthday present and succeeded in reducing my daily allotment of stitches from 2,170 to 2,080. Good thing because I am bound for Vegas in less than two weeks!

1 Comments:

At 4:56 PM, Blogger mazhalai said...

i did a custom template for my site and i had problems too.. anything i can help you with?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home