Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Blah blah blah

Sorry -- I'm not clever with titles this morning.

Work continues on the Wedding Ring Shawl despite the distractions of Frost Flowers & Leaves and The Amazing Lace. I'm finding that it is imperative to knit at least one row every night; every other night if I'm too tired by the time I sit down for the evening. If I let more days pass before picking up WRS again, I have to spend time orienting myself once again in the pattern. On the other hand, knitting more than four rows without a good, long break -- like a couple of hours -- in between causes strange errors to creep into the knitting. Pictures below represent progress through row 44 (14.1% complete, center only):




In anticipation of casting on Balmoral during Memorial Day weekend, I am familiarizing myself as much as possible with the pattern. Thankfully the book includes both written out instructions as well as charts. I'd have to make up my own charts if they were missing which I may end up making anyway because the symbols are completely different than the ones I'm accustomed to seeing. And, I'm trying to decipher what the heck a "C.3R" and a "C.3L" are. It's precisely those little mysteries I am hoping to avoid by understanding the pattern before the actual knitting is taking place.

4 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, Anonymous katherine said...

Whoa-- you've got some very nice lace on the go over here, I'm glad I dropped over!

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger susoolu said...

You give me so much hope - your WRS is coming along so nicely, and that silk does seem to be worth all the pain!

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger sillyewe said...

Oh...MY....GOD! Look at that lace!!! Gorgeous in silk...holy crappola! Beautiful job. Can't wait to see what the Amazing Lace brings. :0)

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger KnitNana said...

This is stunning - just stunning! I'm in awe. That's gorgeous and if it takes months and months - who cares? THAT will be one amazing piece of lace to be handed down to future generations. WOW.
(I'm on the opposite side of the state from you, wish I could join you in Reston, tho' and thank you for the invitation!)
(((hugs)))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home