Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Photographic evidence forthcoming

My intention of snapping some photos last night of the current works in progress fell by the wayside when I was called upon last night to perform clerical duties for my daughter's book report. I sure don't remember having such an involved report and oral presentation when I was in 4th grade! Education sure has changed in the past couple of decades...

As promised, I cast on the Wedding Ring Shawl last weekend. I knit the three provisional cast on rows in waste wool and knit the first row with the silk. The first six rows are plain knit and then the pattern starts, so I have a good long practice run before the real fun begins. Not coincidentally, I think, was the arrival in the mail last week of Sharon Miller's Heirloom Knitting. Something about having that book at my elbow removed the last bit of apprehension and I was itching to start the casting on process on Sunday.

Progress continues with the Jaywalkers socks -- I'm knitting the ribbing on sock #1 -- and the Pinwheel Baby Blanket. I picked a border from A Gathering of Lace (note to self: order copy from Amazon before returning book to the library) and starting working around the edge. I've knit only two repeats of the border but so far I am pleased with the results.

Speaking of the library, I picked up an Alice Starmore (am I allowed to type her name??) book on Aran knits for children as well as a No Idle Hands: The Social History of American Knitting by Anne Macdonald. I think I am starting to geek out on knitting...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home