Monday, March 13, 2006

I have issues

Well, darn. I hadn't anticipated that it would be a week in between postings! I hate it when life and computer problems interfere with knitting and blogging.

During times like these it's best to work on projects that don't require a lot of brain power. Hence why I haven't cast on yet for the Wedding Ring Shawl. Okay, this is my issue. I'm weak. I'm still a little intimidated by working with the gossamer silk. I'm procrastinating. I'm afraid of making a mistake.

It's time to get over myself.

I have promised myself that I will spend some time this weekend casting on and I promise you, dear reader, that I will report good news come next Monday.

Part of the fun of procrastinating is working on those mindless projects like the Pinwheel Baby blanket:




though it looks like a shapeless bag right now! I'm knitting this one by the seat of my pants. I don't know how big around it will be when I decide to finish, and I want to put some type of border on it. Just binding off and leaving it as is doesn't feel "finished" to me. There's a camisole pattern in the current issue of Interweave Knits that has a hem which looks particularly promising. We'll see.


The other current work in progress is the Jaywalker socks. I'm still working on the first one as my attention has drifted over to the baby blanket. I want to knit a Kitty Pi for the feline resident and I need those needles freed up.



I checked out the library's copy of A Gathering of Lace this weekend and was captivated by the Frost Flowers and Leaves pattern. I'm thinking that my Misti Alpaca laceweight might be just the thing. I'll have to check with the LYS and see if they still have the pink colorway in stock. Hopefully it will be in the same dye lot because I need a couple more skeins to work this shawl.

Also burning a hole in the stash is my Helen's Lace in Old Rose. I haven't found the right pattern for this yarn yet... *sniff* ...but I'm up to the challenge!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home